Monday, October 12, 2015

Japanese Pear Picking in Chiba!

Today was such a beautiful day!  It would have been such a waste to stay inside (especially since it was also a holiday), so I decided to go Japanese pear picking!
Takaai Nashi Farm, Chiba
Japanese pears can be found in many supermarkets now, but the actual fruit picking period is quickly coming to a close.  According to many sites, many people can participate in Japanese pear picking from the end of August till the beginning of October.  I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to find a place to go pear picking but after many phone calls I found one that was still open!
Takaai Nashi Farm
Japanese pears, or nashi
About a 10 minute walk from the east exit of Higashi Matsudo Station in Chiba, Takaai Nashi Farm is a small Japanese pear orchard.  It is run by a nice lady who helped me pick the best pears!

Admission into the farm was free, and two pears cost about 300 yen.  I paid about 850 for the pears that I picked, and she even gave me one for free!
Bag of Japanese pears
For those planning on going, definitely call ahead!

Takaai Nashi Farm
047-392-6234
Open: 10am-4pm
千葉県松戸市高塚新田49-1

No comments:

Post a Comment